I don't get it. I work hard. From 1pm to 6am I'm with my computer. I have documents, all I have to do iis read. But I still don't get it. I don't know what to do. Am I......???? .
Why can't I understand it well then just write?
A thesis is like a cake, you mix the ingredients, and then let it sit and rise,
just reading and then writing is not the answer, you need to have the ideas, the key ideas of what you really wanna say, else you just repeat and summarieze other's thoughts.
the cake takes time.
For moths now, you tell yourself you don't have time, you want it done asap,
= no time for cake to rise,
You need to have a clear idea of WHAT it is you want to say, then say it.
reading is step 1, totally required, totally neccessary.
To get the idea of WHAT you wanna say: you need to talk about it with others, student or supervisors.
You try to write it on your own,
thesis, and scholarship is NOT a solo activity, it is a TEAM thing
- supervisor and student debate it,
- student and other students debate it - look at it, find the weaknesses, then student strengthens and changes it - Yes YOU write itbut you need a social group to talk to about it.
Not your fault, but you have not had that social aspect of thesis writing,
so you try to do it solo, possible but damn hard.
So no, you are not stupid,
just stresssed, and under stress things take even longer, and more difficult,
Accept that you will be late, and get a lifestyle your body likes, not all night shifts plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
your body needs sleep.
if you ever do another thesis:
- supervisor you can talk to, who listens and has real advise
- clear topic and reserch questioin
- social support - ie. other students, a scholarly environment,
are the KEY for a good thesis writing setting